Monday, January 02, 2006

Welcome to Macromedia - Now Adobe Systems


So, I finally ordered Macromedia Studio 8. After all, despite all my ranting, I really do love the company, even if I don't care for the new daddy.Expectations were high. Finally, after all the anticipation, the exercise in patience, I broke down and ordered Studio 8 bright and early on a Monday morning. It was even more exciting to see that there would be free shipping. Now all I had to do was wait. and wait. and wait


[3 days later - Order status:"pending"]

Ring ring. Thank you for calling Macromedia - Now Adobe Systems.

Hi Adobe systems, why is my order still pending?

Three phone calls, a dropped call and about and hour later]. Uh, we ... don't know. It appears to be a result of the merger, things are sort of being moved around. We'll call you.

Uh, Okay. I guess. (I mean, what was I supposed to do?)
If you have any further questions



[Update]
So, they finally call me 8 days after my order. We've shipped your Order! We'll send you a free book to compensate when we eventually get to it.



Make of it what you will


No comments: