Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Aim thy pee

In an event that can only be described as a New York moment, yesterday, I was coming back from a delightful evening of reading and coffee at my neighborhood Barnes and Noble. I'm coming out of the subway and here I am deciding which exit to take. They say it only takes a second to make a bad decision.

As I'm climbing out of the stairs on the left side which is the exit I chose, I start to feel sprinkles on my head. This is where I ask you the reader to freeze frame and answer. Are the sprinkles I feel

  1. The rain that was expected to fall that day
  2. A priest throwing out excess holywater after giving up on New York
  3. Your friendly neighborhood bum discharging the water portion of the bottle of alcohol he drank a few hours before.
If you picked number 3 - ding ding ding!. You win the prize. I found myself being showered with pee and transitioning swiftly between disbelief and rage and.... eventually acceptance.

As I walk towards the Staten Island ferry station to use the bathroom for some temporary cleanup, it occurred to me how this story would make sense only in New York.

No comments: