Friday, April 15, 2005

Inspiration... where art thou?

I have this cycle, created, I think out of necessity. I get a project, or if I'm fortunate, ( or unfortunate as you may soon decide) I get more than one, and I have to play this juggling act. I'm working on coming up with something extremely ingenious for each project, to keep up with my standard of work. Ultimately, I do and then I burn out. I've used so much brain power I guess, that my brain demands rest. I have to stop and relax as much as possible if I'm ever going to do anything worth looking at for the next project. Of course, I'm beginning to wonder if this is the way to go. Something about pushing yourself to the point of burnout every other month is potentially unhealthy.

I of course started this because as a freelancer, when you begin, you take projects when they come, projects you are sure you can do no doubt, but projects none the less. You do this because the next few months may be unpleasantly quiet as far as clients go. Problem is you may end up like every other token designer out there eventually. Spitting out the same layouts, and ending up using lime and purple on your next layout.

No comments: